Sunday, September 13, 2015

4th Grade QR Quizzes

My 4th grade classes have extended their library check out time this week and next so that I can have a few minutes to share some tips about beginning research with them.  I spent a few minutes talking about using DISCUS to start their research, reminding them they can't trust everything they find on Google, and showing them the different databases that are available on DISCUS.

I find that everything makes so much more sense to them when they have time to do something with it, but we didn't have time for an activity, so I decided to do a quick quiz to make sure they got the main points.  I created a 5 question quiz on Google Forms and then made QR codes for the students to get to the link.

The students thought it was super-cool that they got to take the quiz on the iPads and they enjoyed scanning the QR code to get there.  I loved that I had all their results in one place so I could see what their answers were and go back over anything they got wrong right away!  It would be wonderful if I had an iPad for each student, but in groups I could hear them discussing and correcting each other before they answered the question.  I also had some students who weren't checking out a book who asked to look up something they were interested in researching on DISCUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment