Monday, August 31, 2015

This week in the Bethel Media Center we focused on our first check out.  I have a few favorite titles I love to share.  My kindergarten book was We're Going on a Book Hunt by Pat Miller.  It is a library version of the old story of "going on a bear hunt" that is published by Upstart.  I have the kindergartners repeat each line after me which keeps them interested and makes it a lot of fun!  I read A Library Book for Bear by Bonnie Becker to first grade to review library rules and then talk about check out.

My second grade book is a new favorite of mine that I discovered while serving on the SC Picture Book Award Committee.  It is If You Want to See a Whale by Julie Fogliano.  I absolutely love that it connects so well with the idea that you have to focus on what you need to accomplish - in our case we use it to talk about what we need to look for library books and what we need to ignore, but it could be easily used for any goal setting in the classroom. 


No comments:

Post a Comment