Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Getting Creative...

 I spent some time watching an ISTE webinar on Visual Storytelling and found a new technology tool that my students and teachers are really enjoying! It's called Brush Ninja. It's free, doesn't collect information, and lets you create animated GIFs. The kids are in love.

Brush Ninja is really great for showing what students know! I introduced it at the end of a digital citizenship lesson with my fourth and fifth graders. Their assignment was to make a GIF to help educate other students about caring for their computers or to help stop cyberbullying.

It was wonderful to watch them get creative! The students jumped in and started drawing right away. They figured out how to add slides, use the onion layer to trace over them to animate, and even how to add pictures from the web. The teachers were excited to see how engaged they were and I was super happy to see them on task and showing me what they learned from my lesson. This is definitely a tool to try out if you haven't seen it yet.





No comments:

Post a Comment