Thursday, October 29, 2015

Author Visit

We were excited to welcome author J. Scott Savage to Bethel Elementary this week!  Back in May I got an email from his publisher saying he would be on tour this fall and asking if any schools in Greenville, SC would be interested in having him visit for free before his book signing at Barnes and Noble.  I jumped on it because I LOVE free author visits and the blurb about his presentation said he would be talking about creativity and how to come up with a story idea in less than 5 minutes using a hero, goal, obstacles, and consequences.  Our school theme this year is superheroes and it just fit so perfectly!

I am so glad we had him come visit!  He was great with my 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders, very fun to listen to!  He shared about what it is like to be an author, showed his new book trailer, and walked the students through creating a fun story!  I went by Barnes and Noble for the signing (in the cold rain!) and saw so many students from school that it was obvious he made a wonderful impression on them!


No comments:

Post a Comment